Automated Medical Records
In most residential-care settings, the process for delivering and tracking medications is still largely manual, not electronic.
Premier Rx offers electronic medication administration record (eMAR) that supports single-barcode scanning for multi-dose packaging through our Facility Web Portal. It helps reduce drug costs, eliminates time consuming paperwork and dramatically improves resident safety by ensuring the "seven rights" of medication administration- Right resident / drug / dose / time / route / reason / documentation It replaces paper MARs with a robust, real-time eMAR that improves the speed, safety and accuracy of med-pass times, while offering numerous administrative benefits to both pharmacy and facility:
Internet-based system that seamlessly integrates the information and care needs of pharmacies, your facilities and your patients' physicians.
- Replace the paper MAR with a robust, real-time electronic MAR accessed by scanning packages.
- Full resident profile & history, including: picture identification, dosing and time changes, delivery status, notification of on-hold and discontinued meds
- Online ordering of pharmacy requests at the point of care
- Consult physician at the point of care- Attach progress notes, vitals
- Real-time electronic MAR / electronic TAR no more comparing of old vs new monthly MARs
- Real-time connectivity allows for increased accuracy in
- Save time and paper with real-time eMAR No more printing monthly MARs
- Track drug information at patient level in real-time
- Reduce duplication in orders through online ordering
- Increase direct involvement in resident management with knowledge of all nursing requests to physi.cians Online med reviews save time
- Make informed decisions regarding medication management for residents with 24/7 access to data
Highlights of our record management system:
In addition, facilities might even experience a decreased cost in their liability insurance due to the safety benefits that our system provides.
- Real-time updates ensure records are always current helping to reduce medication ordering errors
- Online access to electronic forms aids in consistent, quick, accurate data entry
- A completely paperless system built to manage medication distribution from pharmacy to facility and from med cart to patient.
- Patient dosages, allergies, and photo IDs appear with a simple click.
- Allows for transmission of refill orders
- Alerts staff to potentially dangerous medication interactions
- Required fields, such as vital sign checks on specific medications, helps ensure records are complete, helping to reduce violations
- The electronic messaging center provides timely, bidirectional communication, virtually eliminating phone calls between facility and pharmacy staff
- Staff can easily access the online image of the originating prescription for review or confirmation
- Our system automatically updates the pharmacy on new, changed and discontinued medication orders
- Comprehensive reporting package provides in-depth data
- Historical records and month-to-month changes are easily tracked
- Compliant with all electronic record keeping regulations for 2011
- Easy to use software
- Compliance Monitoring
- Increased narcotic and control accountability